Stunts first home competition
Stunt's first home competition
March 22, 2024
When I arrived, to my surprise, a Piper Archer II had just landed and way taxiing back to the hangers.
Sunday's pit stop: A gallery by Joshua Tigges
March 2, 2024
A shot at partnership: BVU and Mercy College launch 3 + 1 nursing program
March 1, 2024
Hot Dish literary magazine submissions open
February 23, 2024
Stunts first home competition
Stunt's first home competition
March 22, 2024
March 2, 2024
March 1, 2024
February 23, 2024

Beautylicious: Eye Shadow Palettes

Tawney Schreier | Contributing Writer

I am obsessed with eyeshadow palettes. Getting a new palette is one of my favorite things because I know with that palette, I can create endless eyeshadow looks, and I can mix it with others to create even more. One thing that I, and often many others, dislike about eyeshadow palettes is that the color range is not always what I’m looking for. I could like half of the shades in the palette but not the other half, which makes me question if it’s even worth buying.

screen-shot-2016-09-26-at-8-03-00-pm

One great way to combat this dilemma is to use a magnetic palette. These palettes are customizable so you can put all of your favorite shades in one, which makes your eyeshadow experience more convenient not only for day-to-day wear but also for travel. Many brands such as Morphe, MakeupGeek, Urban Decay, and Sephora offer eyeshadow singles to put directly into a magnetic palette. Even if your favorite eyeshadow does not come in a single you can “de-pot” it (the Z-Palette website offers tools and tricks for doing this) and place a magnet on the bottom of the shade to be able to use it in a customizable palette. Z-Palette is a great option as far as magnetic palette choices go. They offer an array of sizes and colors, and have even added a mirrored and double-sided option.

Not only is a customizable palette convenient, it is also a great way to save money and be environmentally friendly. If you are only choosing shades you like, instead of buying an entire palette with shades you may not use, you are getting more bang for your buck. Some of the brands that offer single pans of eyeshadow also offer bundles of single pans so you can save even more money. Several brands also offer products free of packaging at a lower rate so you save money and help the environment! My Z-Palette is one of the best beauty investments I have made. It offers me a customizable selection of all of my favorite shadows and keeps them safe.