Busting brackets

Busting+brackets

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Well, the moment has arrived. Honestly, Iowa got snubbed, but hopefully that can do some damage in the NIT. But let’s face it, who cares about the NIT? It’s March. I expected Creighton and ISU to make it, but I think Creighton (for the 2nd straight year) got robbed with a poor seed. Cincinnati isn’t great, but they are VERY athletic, something that might give Creighton trouble. Wait a second, Creighton has Grant Gibbs; they’ll be fine.

This is about the time where I suggest to you that I’m going to tell you my picks of the bracket. Sorry folks. Last year, I had the great idea of doing that and revealing all my upset picks and my final four. Maybe it was just coincidence, but last year was probably my worst March Madness. Literally, I could’ve filled out the bracket blindfolded and done better. Not kidding. I feel like every team read my article and took it personally if I did not pick them. I am running a pool this year for the first time in a while in hopes that some of the luck I had in fantasy football this year will carry over.

I will predict one upset in this year’s tournament. Baylor will be beat…Baylor women, that is.

If the first game that I’m watching while writing this blog between Liberty and NC A&T is any indicator of the rest of the tournament, it’s going to be crazy. I swear, while watching this, I watched a five minute stretch where neither team missed a shot. Not bad defense either. Just guys making shots and players living in the moment. I always appreciate the guys who can play through the nerves, because, if you only get one shot, you might as well take it with no regrets, right?

Also, a quick shout out to all the BVers that made it to spring break! Anyone going on trips, be safe and have a great time. I know I will be, while sitting at home (Wah, wah, wah).

Thanks again for the read everyone. Cherish each time you hear the CBS jingle. March only comes once a year.