Golf’s greatest tradition

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Maybe…YES, SIR.

Masters throwback quote for all you golf fanatics out there. Golf’s greatest tradition did not disappoint on Sunday. Clutch shot followed by clutch shot. Two guys who, obviously, have much respect for each other, going at it until the very end. Just looking at that course in HD gives me the chills. So frustrating to think that I haven’t played a round this year YET!

My thoughts on Kobe’s injury. Tough. Curry had 47 in the game. Just sayin’. Will the Lakers still make the playoffs? I think so. Does it matter? No. They will be destroyed by the Thunder.

Curry, at this point in time, is two three-pointers away from breaking the single season record from threes. Please raise your hand if this is the first time you’ve heard that stat. The guy has been unbelievable when he’s healthy, and he is probably the most underrated player in the league. Yes, LeBron and KD are on another level right now; and Melo and Duncan have had outstanding numbers this year. Throw in Chris Paul and there is your MVP race. Yes, Curry is behind each of these guys but he’s gotta be in the conversation. Three players this season are averaging 23 points and seven assists per game: LeBron, Russell Westbrook, and Steph. Pretty good company.

Warriors need to win out to clinch the six seed. I like the match-up against the Nuggets much more than playing the Spurs. Plus, how great would watching the Nuggets/Dubs series be? Two young, fast-paced teams that can light it up with the playoff crowds. Clutch. Let’s be honest though, NO ONE is going to beat the Heat. I don’t feel confident taking the entire field against them this year. Twenty-seven games in a row basically said, “Send us the trophy now.” The Knicks are the best shot in the East, but they can’t guard LeBron, and the Thunder are the best shot in the West, but you can count on Westbrook losing one game for them, at least, and that’s it. I hope the playoffs are exciting, but the Heat have the ability to take all the fun out.

I’ll save my Cubs rants until all basketball is over. They make some of the dumbest plays you’ll see. It’s tough to watch sometimes. This new Wrigley deal is what we’ve been waiting for. Write this down: THE CUBS WILL WIN A WORLD SERIES IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS. (Grady, you just lost all credibility.) I have nothing to back up the previous statement, but it’s gonnna happen.

Lastly, I am a Chiefs fan (probably news to most of you), so I am excited for the NFL Draft coming up next week. I hope they take the Alabama corner Dee Milliner. I don’t usually follow the draft that closely, but if you talk to Nick Clark and Joe Frost often, you learn more than you want to know about it.

Thanks for the read everyone. Go Cubs Go.

Photo by Makensie Brown