The NBA is back

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Grady-Head-ShotHowdy folks.

How’s the week going? Congrats to the Beaver football squad with the big W, Saturday. Also, good luck to Beaver men’s and women’s squads as their season is rapidly approaching. Gotta love the practice grind before the games begin (Pfffffff).

Well, yesterday marked one of the best times of the year. Why, G? Because, at this point four major league sports are in session. Enjoy it while it lasts (Tonight could end this joyful time). And because the NBA is starting: 1. I’m jacked. 2. I’ll be watching for three things this season.

1) How will Andre Iguodala fit in on the Warriors? One of the “best” offseason moves leaves the Dubs with 6 solid players. This raises a question: Who starts? With Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Iggy, Lee and Bogut, one has to be cut out. Right now it’s Barnes, but when the Warriors want to go small, who sits? Bogut or Lee? They are paying both guys too much to be on the bench at the end of the game, but is the Warriors small lineup their best lineup? It will be interesting to see how Mark Jackson (superb coach) handles it. P.S. Steph…….. please stay healthy.

2) Can anyone challenge the Heat? Experts look to the Bulls and Pacers as the biggest threats in the East. The West is loaded with five teams that I could see winning it all. The only way I see the Heat losing this year is if LBJ is not the best player on the planet. He was last year, and the rest is history. If you gave me the field right now against the Heat for the title this year, I would take the bet. (Not money of course because I’m a college athlete). As of right now, and this could change, I think this year’s championship crown will be worn by a different organization.

3) Which team will win my favoritism this year? Honestly, it was the Knicks last year just because they were so fun to watch. This year I’m looking forward to watching what Brad Stevens can do. Go get ‘em Brad. I’m also interested in the “New Look” Nets. Are they all washed up or could this be the year? Lastly, I want to see how good Dwight Howard can be with James Harden (probably the 3rd best player in the league). And don’t forget my boy Chandler Parsons!!!

A quick birthday shout out to my suitemate Kyle “Brandon” Weeden. Sweeden cleverly asked for NBA League Pass, which allows you to watch any game not on TV on your computer machine, from his parents this year (truly a clever move), so I can’t wait to utilize it on some Monday night when the Raptors play the Kings! LET’S GOOOOOO!

A quick word about how amazing this year’s World Series has been: There’s only one October.

Make sure to tune in next week to MEET THE BEAVS!!! (This is me in promotion mode.)

Thanks for the read amigos.