Mary’s Fashion Blog

Mary Rose Timko | Blogger

Hello readers (I seriously hope someone besides my mom reads this blog). I am Mary, a sophomore marketing major and a self-diagnosed shopping addict. Yeah, I have WAY too many clothes. So, if anyone needs to borrow an outfit, I’m your girl. My dream job is to be a fashion buyer, but for now, a fashion blog is close enough!

If you don’t already know me, I am a girl that tends to dress up for class about 75% of the time. In college that is a pretty high percentage. There is one main reason I love fashion, and that is because it is completely subjective. Everyone is different. Everyone is unique. Fashion is one of the easiest ways to express this, and I like to take advantage of that. Although I wouldn’t necessarily say my style is 100% unique, I do enjoy trying out new trends! I hope this blog may spark a bit of fashion inspiration for some of you readers, and if not, I hope you can at least appreciate my expert modeling skills.

First, I thought it would be appropriate to tell you five little fashion facts about me.

Describe your style:
Modern, girly, and simple.
Current Favorite Trend:
I am a huge fan of this overall craze right now. My ten-year-old self is overjoyed that they are back!
Favorite Accessory:
I love drop earrings. In fact, I have an excessive amount of statement earrings.
Favorite store:
Forever 21, Tobi.com, and Zara.
Go to outfit:
Dark-washed skinnies and a sweater is my go to look. It’s simple and easy to accessorize.

I am going to kick off this blog with four looks that can easily be worn around campus this fall. After all, isn’t the best part of fall leggings and sweaters?

Look 1: Fall Floral

BLOG5

BLOG4

BLOG6

Okay, I know what you’re thinking; I would never wear a dress to class. Well normally I wouldn’t either, BUT this dress would be an exception for me. It is simple enough that anyone could pull it off. The sweater even adds a bit of casualness to the look! Still worried? It would be great as a weekend dress too! And of course what fall outfit is complete without boots?
Dress: Maurices // Sweater: American Eagle // Boots: Target

Look 2: Preppy and Polished

BLOG8

BLOG7

BLOG3

I don’t think I have ever owned a sweater that screams fall more than this one does! I paired it over a simple denim shirt, a piece a lot of girls own these days! My pants are awesome. They are a soft sweatpant material but in a classier cut. I love wearing them when I want to look presentable, but feel comfy! Whenever I wear these boots people ask me where they are from! They are actually Sperry boots. They go with EVERYTHING!
Denim Shirt: American Eagle // Sweater: Forever 21 // Pants: American Eagle // Boots: Sperry

Look 3: Comfy on Campus

BLOG9

BLOG2

BLOG12

Don’t get me wrong. I am ALL about comfort for class. I try to still add a little bit of style to my comfy outfits. Leggings are perfect for a comfy day! Oversized sweaters and hoodies go perfectly with leggings. Printed leggings have been popular the last few fall seasons, and I plan to wear mine into this fall as well!
Sweatshirt: Victoria’s Secret Pink // Leggings: Sugar Bowl Gift Shop // Sandals: Charlotte Russe

Look 4: Dress for Success

BLOG11

BLOG10

BLOG1

I am absolutely in love with the army green color of my pants. They are neutral but different than a typical denim pant. I toned them down with a simple comfy sweater. The gold necklace and cheetah shoes add even more of an autumn feel to the look. Remember: cheetah print acts as a neutral…ALWAYS!
Sweater: American Eagle // Pants: H&M // Necklace: Forever 21 // Shoes: Target

Thanks for reading beautiful people! I hope you enjoyed!

Loooovvveee,
Mary

Photos by Jasmine Demers
Graphic by Justice Gage