Discounts to take advantage of in Storm Lake

Chelsea Gubbels | Arts & Life Co-Editor

As college students, we all know the struggle of finances. Everyone’s situation is different; some students are completely cut off, some students get a little help from parents, and some, the lucky ones, get full financial support from their parents still. Although it usually gets worked out between parent and child, who couldn’t use a little help here and there? Businesses in Storm Lake and across the country are here to help by providing discounts to students. Below is a list of some relevant discounts to student life around Storm Lake.

Here in Storm Lake there are quite a few businesses who offer discounts. Some of them are hidden deals that you can find online through Storm Lake United’s website and can use by printing off the coupons. Others are available by simply showing your Buena Vista University (BVU) identification card. You can find the coupons at http://www.visitstormlake.com/hot-deals.aspx

Need some automotive help?

• Automotive Service Center has an offer of a free alignment with a tire purchase available with the printed coupon.
  • Oil changes are inevitable, Fitzpatrick Auto Center has an offer available of buy five oil changes get the sixth free with the printed coupon.
  • Rassmussen Ford offers a free tire rotation and brake inspection and/or 10 percent off service repairs with the printed coupon.

Want to do some shopping?

• Brown’s Shoes offers $10 off regular priced items with the printed coupon.
  • Head to The Daily Apple offers 15 percent off one regular priced item with the printed coupon.
  • Kristi’s Kandles and Heirlooms has a buy one pound of fudge get 1/4 pound free available with the printed coupon.
  • While you’re in Wal-Mart, stop by Smart Style, they offer 10 percent off all services and salon products when you show your BVU identification.

Need something fun to do?

• Who couldn’t use a massage? About Kneads offers a buy five, 1/2 hour massages and get the sixth free with the printed coupon.
  • On Tuesday nights Brewsters offers a free pitcher of beer with the purchase of a pizza with the printed coupon.
  • Head to the Fridley Theaters for $1 off matinee or nighttime pricing with your BVU ID.
  • Hungry? Pizza Ranch offers $2 off lunch and dinner pricing when you show your BVU ID.

In case you need any other financial help, but your regular bank isn’t in Storm Lake, Central Bank offers a $10 bonus added to a new checking account. Citizens Community Credit Union offer a $20 bonus added to a new REWARDChecking account.

Sometimes in order to find some hot deals you just have to do a little searching around. When in doubt, JUST ASK! Business owners tend to be very kind and will let you know if they have any offers available that you can use.

Graphic by Justice Gage