1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
Kylee Boettcher: Coach of the future​
Kylee Boettcher: Coach of the future​
Contested books: What does the next chapter hold?
Beavers take the mat for the beginning of jumps and tumbling for round 2 of game 1.
Stunt Home Tournament
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
Kylee Boettcher: Coach of the future​
Kylee Boettcher: Coach of the future​
Stunt Home Tournament

PGeezy Alley: Hard Shoes to Fill?

Paul Gallagher | Blogger

It’s the moment we have all been waiting for, Grady has finally graduated and reluctantly given up the privileges to his blog to his younger brother, me. Grady had a good run and I know that most of his readers really enjoyed reading his work. Following Grady has never been an easy task but at this point I’m used to it. After following him in all activities during high school, following him to college at BVU, and even following him in the decision of my major, taking over his blog should be the easiest of that bunch. Okay, maybe not.
For all of you curious who Grady’s little brother is, my name is Paul Gallagher but some people call me PGeezy (like the rapper Young Geezy). Real professional, I know. I am a junior business education major here at Buena Vista University. I play basketball here at BV but I enjoy playing, watching, and talking about just about any sport, and thanks to some of my fellow classmates I now get to write a blog about sports too. If you disagree with any of the views just let me know, I am a good listener and it’s not hard to convince me that I might be wrong. Except I am convinced that the Bills are not making the playoffs this year so don’t even try Nick.

I think I can speak for most of the students here at BV when I say that it is great to be back on this wonderful campus. The weather has been beautiful, classes are going well, and the hummus bar is always on point… My favorite part of college has always been the people I meet and the relationships I’ve formed. Seeing and talking to my three basketball coaches every day is just an example of a few of the great people I have met because of BV. Coach Millea is never in a bad mood, he’s hilarious, and he is one of three people on this campus who I cannot beat in 1 on 1. The other two being coke guy and the security guard Bill of course. Coach VH is great to talk about anything with, I really enjoy talking about the NFL with him, and he’s a Cubs fan… It’s hard to dislike a Cubs fan. Plus he looks just like “skinny legs Peyton Manning” who has cable on the new Direct TV commercial. (If you haven’t seen it go look it up). As much as I love the coaches, I will say the one thing I’m disappointed in is Coach Loos. Coach Loos is a great guy no doubt, but I know I won’t get the same attention from him this year now that his grandson, Brady Dicks, has joined the team. Brady played for Coach Loos at Newell Fonda a couple years ago and rumor has it Loos liked Brady’s toughness and ball skills so much that he now refers to Brady as his grandson. Other than that little hiccup this should be a great basketball season and all the guys on the team are looking forward to it.

Another exciting event coming up at BV is the home night game our football team plays this Saturday against Waldorf at 7pm. I may be wrong but I believe that this is the first home night game in BV history. The school got new turf and lights for the stadium a few years ago and so far all they have been used for is allowing me to leave Tom Wisecup in the dust when he tries to guard me in our Tuesday night flag football league. This Saturday night the basketball team from last year will be honored for their conference championship, and the players will get rings at halftime. That means all the seniors from last year’s squad will be back including Cole Darrow who I haven’t seen for like 20 minutes. It will be a special moment for the basketball squad and just a little piece of what should be a great night. I am predicting a big win for the Beaver football team lead by 6’2” 245 pound linebacker Brady Illg. If you know Brady that should have been funny.

The other fall sports deserve some recognition as well, both soccer teams are off to strong starts and our volleyball team is very talented and will be really fun to watch this season. Aside from class, this fall should be tons of fun…

I am a big NFL fan and the NFL season is well under way and is as unpredictable as usual. As a Redskins fan I was devastated to see the Cowboys lose both Dez Bryant and Tony Romo for extended periods of time. Big S/O to my other Redskins fan on campus, baseball coach Steve Eddie. Steve wanted me to mention RGIII as a possible MVP candidate but I want to keep some of my respectability on this blog. I am currently in six fantasy football leagues and hopefully my GPA doesn’t suffer this semester because of it. Sorry mom. I think I will end this blog with a few BOLD predictions. The Cubs will play the Royals in the World Series, the Patriots will go undefeated #FreeBrady, and my roommate Kennedy Drey will continue to watch America’s Got Talent instead of football… Also heads up to Jarrod Juhl, please don’t read this on your phone while you are walking somewhere, it already takes you long enough.

Thanks, hope you enjoyed.

Graphic by Nic Gibson