Boots with the fur are here to chill for winter

Elizabeth Martinez | Staff Writer

[nivoslider id=”7163″]

With the cold winter weather coming very soon, it’s time to bundle up and prepare ourselves to look cute from head to toe! One smart choice is to cover up your feet, ankles, and legs with some winter boots. But with so many out there, how do you know which ones to choose?

There are many varieties of boots, and the first thing to do is to set a boot budget. How much are you willing to spend? Prices range from quality brand name, leather knee-high boots which cost hundreds of dollars to short faux suede booties that you can pick up at your local Walmart. There are many colors to choose from whether you want some funky colors like red, purple, green, even yellow, or choose neutral shades like brown, beige, gray, and black. You also have the option of getting flat, wedged, thick, or thin heeled boots. Also keep in mind that there are pointier or rounder toed boots out there to switch up your style.

Zappos has a wide range of brand name leather boots to choose from. If you want a professional, put together look, this is the way to go with some dark brown, knee-high boots to cover you up. You can buy some dressy knee high black wedged boots for $180.

Forever21 now has tons of different styles, especially different ankle high booties that are nice to the cows out there with faux suede and pleather. You can buy some black dressy wedged ankle boots that are similar to the knee highs from Zappos for as low as $20 here. Don’t forget to pair up your boots with a nice cardigan or sweater.

Ankle boots are cute and can be paired with a simple, causal outfit, but you can do the same with some knee high boots to make it chic. You also have the option to buy some with a warm lining on the inside or wear leg warmers of similar or contrasting colors with higher boots. Still trending are the sneaker wedges that cross the line into boot look-a-likes, which you may get at almost any shoe store. Black or brown combat boots provide a more urban tough look.

Be smart about which boots you choose, and remember that you’ll be wearing them out in the snow pretty soon. The cold may be knocking, but you’ll soon be rocking some cute winter boots!

Photos by Makensie Brown, Tyson Domingo, & Elizabeth Martinez