1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus

Back at it

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Well, time to start rolling again. It has been a while, but school is back in the swing of things, and it is the best time of the year. Spring is around the corner. College basketball is nearing the end of its conference schedule; baseball and softball are back at it; and the scent of lawn golf is evident each time we walk outdoors. March Madness is coming, as if the past couple of weeks haven’t been mad enough.

A quick look back at the Super Bowl: I am now a burrito richer. I’m not a huge fan of Ray Lewis or Flacco, but I just had a feeling the Ravens were going to get it done. Kapernick is exciting, and I can’t wait to watch him next year. Probably the biggest fantasy jump you’ll ever see. In the end, the older brother always wins…always.

A Beaver basketball update: only two regular season games remain for both the men and women. The women are looking to finish strong after having won three in a row and four of their last five. The men can win out to clinch the conference title. I can only imagine Siebens Fieldhouse next Saturday against Coe (especially if they win because this game could be all or nothing for the title).

Speaking of college basketball, I guess being ranked in the top 10 is a bad thing. Nobody can separate themselves, and there are so many good teams, especially in the Big Ten. Iowa, on the other hand, just cannot win the close games. It’s brutal as a fan watching the end of their games just KNOWING they will find some way to lose. Marble and White have really disappointed me this year. Basabe has played better lately, and McCabe and May have been decent. One of the brighter spots has been Gessell, who, right now, I would probably take over Marcus Paige.

I really don’t know who is going to dethrone the Heat in the NBA, especially with LeBron playing at a level that almost isn’t possible. At one point, King James was 40 of his last 50 field goals from the floor. I could go shoot by myself and probably not make 40 out of 50…probably.

To wrap up, I want to wish good luck to the BVU tennis squad as they head to Dubuque this Saturday. Also, I want to congratulate Seth Woodson as track performer of the week in the IIAC. Until next time…Beaver Nation!