Mail Time: Blue’s Clues Style

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Happy early Easter everyone!

A quick shout out to the lil lil bro AG on his first place finish in his first conference meet as a Frosh. I’m just wondering how long it will be until he wins a meet (keep in mind he’s 5’6” 100) and some kid, probably a 5 or 6 spot golfer, with much larger size, violently places him in the nearest garbage bin. That’ll be the day, AG.

I’ve been receiving some emails lately from some people around campus asking me questions about the upcoming NBA playoffs. I thought I would hold to answer all of them until now. Why not? So let’s get it started…..

(Insert Blue’s Clues Mail Time theme song…. If you need something to brighten your day, follow this link….. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1wUirNlR0U …… You’re welcome.)

My Suns just couldn’t hold on, Grady. It’s been a great ride. I’m going to miss this team. They were so fun to watch. I just loved watching them. Gosh, I’m pissed. I kind of want to cry. What do you think, G? I spend $34 on this customized Miles Plumlee phone case. Gosh, I hate the Grizzlies.
Thomas M.

Preach, Tom.

Aye yo, G? How you like the Dubs chances against the Clippers first round?
Kyler H.

I’ve been telling everyone that this matchup does not favor the Warriors. They lost Bogut to injury (That’s HUGEEEEEEEEE), they have the most inconsistent bench I’ve ever seen, and they CAN NOT guard Chris Paul (This is a problem). I’ve been saying they might win two of the games and they’ll all be really fun to watch, but it’s time to put the fish in the barrel. MY PREDICTION: The Dubs win this series. Steph Curry goes off; Iquodala proves his worth, and HARRISON BARNES AVERAGES 15 PPG!!!!! (What am I doing?????) Hey, someone’s gotta step up and Harry lives for the moment. It’s time. (Skye, could you direct message this article to Harrison? I know you guys are buds and I think he could use a little support. Sincerely, Gdeuce)

I owe you a burrito.
Mike K.

The moment you put faith in a team called the “Pelicans” to finish with a better record than the Splash Bros is the day you lose a burrito. You’re driving too.

I blame the Lakers’ struggle bus this year on Swaggie P. He’s not good.
Jeffery S.

Sick nickname, average NBA player.

Who are the surprise teams in each conference this year?
Ryan G.

West, I’ll take the Rockets and east, I’ll take the Raptors (Kyle Lowry tho).

Would you rather watch a Durant vs LeBron Finals or the Warriors against anyone Finals?
Greg S.

Good question. I think the Heat win the East and Dubs/Heat would be fun for maybe one game. As an NBA fan, you want a Thunder/Heat Finals. Just an absolute heavyweight brawl with the Heat playing the role of “We been there” and the Thunder playing the role of “We’re tired of this little brother crap.” As much as I hope this happens, I’m still taking the Spurs in the West. (Boooooo) Yea, go on and hate, but you have three Hall of Famers, a top-four coach of all time, and Patty Mills. Nuff said.

Yo, Swaggie G. Who you see going “Steph Curry mode” in the playoffs this year?
Cole, D.

1. Steph Curry
2. James Harden
3. Steph Curry
4. Jimmer Fredette (not kidding)

Favorite NBA playoffs moment of all time?
Z Kast

Gosh, I loved Steph last year throughout the whole playoffs. He was on one. I loved Iverson putting the team on his back back in the day, but the Lakers were just too much. NASCAR was more my thing when MJ was doin’ his thing…… So, I’ll go with Baron Davis (Warriors- old logo) absolutely sending Andrei Kirilenko (Jazz) into another universe by rising and rising and rising and putting it down. IN THE FACE. Boom, goes the dynamite. That’s all she wrote.

I haven’t watched a ton of NBA this year, how are the Lakers doing?
Tyler K.

Wake up, kid.

What Nets player, if any, could you beat in one game of ping pong?
Paul G.

Andre Blatche. I got his number.

Why is no one talking about the Wizards? Personally, I think Sam Cassell is one of the most underrated assistant coaches in the league.
Jarod J
.

First off, the fact that you know Sam Cassell is a Wizards’ assistant coach means either a) You have too much time on your hands and not enough homework or b) You went to a Wizards’ game recently. Also, if by “most underrated” you mean not underrated at all, then yes.

I put $60 on the Hawks winning the Finals….. You wanna bet?
Sam L.

These are the people I get emails from……

Thanks for reading everyone!