VIDEO: Power outage causes evacuation of the forum

VIDEO%3A+Power+outage+causes+evacuation+of+the+forum

admin

Shauna McKnight | Co-Editor in Chief

On Thursday, March 13th, Storm Lake Police and Storm Lake Fire Departments were sent to Buena Vista University (BVU) responding to the fire alarms inside the dining hall. A power outage had caused the ventilation hoods to temporarily shut down, causing smoke to fill the kitchen area. There was no fire and no damage from the smoke. Police and Fire departments were on scene for approximately 30 minutes ventilating smoke from inside the building.