That’s a clown question, bro

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

If you are not ready to hear everything that has gone through my mind during this Dubs/Nuggs series, you might as well close this page now. I have watched every second of each game, and it has been one of the more rewarding experiences of my life. (These last three games, anyway).

Let’s start with Sunday night’s game, Game Four. To start, Curry had a couple magnificent passes that got Bogut going, and whenever Bogut gets going, it’s really a bonus for the Dubs. He’s out there to play solid defense, set screens, and board, which he has been doing quite well. But to score 12 points and jack up Oracle with two monster slams, one being over Javale McGee, is surprising and really exactly what the Dubs needed. See, the Nuggets have started this thing where they trap all high ball screens that involve Steph and J. Jack. (Basically saying we CAN’T guard these guys) and Bogut, who is usually the high screener, is left open to make Steph or Jack pass the rock. Denver is deliberately trying to make Bogut do something with the ball, hopefully turn it over. I’m sure slashing down the lane, rising over one of the best shot blockers in the league, and tomahawking while simultaneously yelling, “UTAH!” was not what they were expecting.

Also, Carl Landry, the past two games have been nothing short of sensational. His ability to knock down high school three pointers as a big man is really stretching the Denver big men and made it so much easier on Jack and Curry.

Now, quarter number three. Have you ever watched someone completely take over a game on the professional level? A few names come to mind: LeBron and Jordan. Maybe Melo and KD can be thrown in there… My point is, if you were watching this quarter, there is no way you don’t think that Steph Curry has the capability of being a top-five player in this league. He’s the best shooter; he’s one of the top three passers (LeBron and CP3); he’s an underrated defender; and the guy can flat out bring people to their feet (whether they are at the game or at home). After the buzzer sounded at the end of the third (by the way, if that Curry half courter went in, each student lodging on Storm Lake campus would’ve personally known about it), you knew the game was over. Have we ever seen a player who has had more shots drip directly through the net with no rim contact than shots missed in a game? That’s a clown question, bro. I want that to be the next NBA stat: shots swished. Curry would undoubtedly set a record that could never be broken. I’m telling you, this guy can and will be a top five player if he stays healthy. Oh yeah, let’s not forget: he’s putting up 30 in a playoff game in which he has an ankle that gets injected with pain reliever before tip. Nice dude. Nice.

I could probably end my blog right there, but come on, this is too much fun.

Time to back track to Friday night, and it’s funny how the Warriors reward you for staying up late. I remember thinking there is no way they could keep up the shooting from Game Two (60+ %) (Unbelievable). I knew Oracle would show out, and for the record, there is no better atmosphere in professional sports than that building during the playoffs. It’s like a bunch of college students are at the National Title game and all rooting for the same team. Seriously, sometimes you can’t even hear the announcers! This was the game where I gained much respect for Ty Lawson. The guy can play. So quick, and such a great finisher at the rim. I seriously don’t know why he did not touch the ball every possession the entire game. No one could guard him. Gosh, he’s good. Curry had a running floater, fading left while avoiding McGee that basically proved to be the deciding basket. Did I mention the shot was left-handed? It was a shot you put up in the driveway when you are messing around by yourself, not in a playoff game with two minutes left! Also, the Nuggs execution and decision making down the stretch was questionable. Some of those guys (Brewer and Chandler) just made some stupid plays. That is one component the Nuggets lack: an unquestioned leader and go-to guy when the going gets tough, and it has shown. Barnes made one of two late, and Iguodala tried his best Gordon Hayward impression that, yet again, just missed as the game concluded. Another phenomenal game. I swear this series should be up for an Emmy or something.

A quick switch: good luck to all the BVU teams competing in their respective conference tournaments coming up. Yes, that includes golf, Zinn.

Back to live action: something I’ve wanted to write about since last Tuesday night! Here is the Hollywood film setting: Game Two in Denver, Warriors one basket removed from leading the series 1-0. Denver, mind you, is 38-3 this season at home until this night and riding high on Andre Miller’s best game since World War II. Also, (you’ve probably almost forgot by now) no D. Lee, the second best player on the squad. Who knew the Dubs would absolutely put on a clinic and produce one of the best shooting performances in history? They shot 64% from the field, 56% from the arc, and scored over 130 points. This is also the (get ready) best game Harrison Barnes will play in the league. Now, I’m hoping that is not true, but the guy was back in his Ames jersey or something. Twenty-four for Barnes (including a ridiculous dunk that really doesn’t make sense), 21 for Klay Thompson on 8-11 shooting and 5-6 from downtown, 26 for Jarret Jack, and 30 for Curry. All four of your backcourt guys with 20+. That, simply, doesn’t happen. They just kept shooting. Splash. Splash. Splash. The best shooting display we will probably ever see, especially in a playoff game. It was the best early birthday present ever.

Well, hopefully you enjoyed that as much as I did. Seriously, if you are a fan of basketball, WATCH THIS SERIES. It will fulfill all your fantasies and more.

Thanks for reading peeps. I truly appreciate it. I’m just praying I don’t jinx this team by writing this. (Shakes head). They’ll be fine.