Beaver athletics website recently upgraded

Ashley Lage | Staff Writer

The Buena Vista University (BVU) athletics website has recently been updated. A new layout and pops of color have made the website more appealing and easy to navigate, not only for visitors to the website, but also the people behind the scenes.

BVU’s Sports Information Director, Steven Phelps, was a leading force in the new upgrade.

“There were a couple of key factors that led to the upgrade. One, it had been awhile since the site had been upgraded. Secondly, we wanted a site that could be more manageable and timesaving from the back-end point of view. There is a lot of information on game day that needs to be updated and uploaded, not only to our site but other national sites as well, and making the upgrade to this new site allows all of that to be done much more efficiently,” Phelps said.

However, along with new updates come drawbacks. The website is still pretty new, and it will take some time to determine if there are any glitches that need to be taken care of.

“There will be some additional features that could be added in the near future, but for now, it’s mainly the layout and design that has seen the most change,” Phelps said.

Many students, faculty, coaches, and others who have seen the new site have been very impressed with the advancement. According to BVU staff, there has already been a lot of positive feedback.

“Everything I’ve heard has been nothing but positive. The consensus seems to be the layout is very easy to navigate through, and that was one of the key factors we kept in mind when working with the design. It’s great to be able to provide all of our fans with a site that can serve as a key resource to all,” Phelps said.

Many student-athletes on campus also like the new website. The change has created a more efficient space for people to see what is going on in the world of athletics at BVU.

“The new layout of the website looks fantastic and is much more appealing than what I remember the old one to be,” junior softball player Brittney Kubik said.

To see all the new changes, visit http://bvuathletics.com/landing/index.