Thoughts across the board

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Grady-Head-ShotWhat’s up guys? (And girls…)

Thanks for all the feedback on last week’s article. I truly enjoy writing this blog each week, but I especially enjoy it when Beavers are involved. Speaking of Beavers, if you haven’t watched the last drive from the football game last week, I definitely recommend it. What a win for the squad! #ClutchGene

With the NBA in the swing of things, all the stars aligned when I watched Doug McDermott go for 37 points Monday night against UMKC. For most people, it takes a phenomenal post to make watching post players fun. But, when watching McDermott, you are watching probably the smartest player in college basketball. The thing that I like most about Doug McDermott, is that he has gotten better each year. To go from having a break-out freshman year to back-to-back All-American years, where the spotlight and opposing scouting report is all over you, that is amazing.

I wish I could write this blog after tonight (Tuesday night) when the BIG games come on. Seriously, has there ever been a better slate of prime-time games on tip off night than tonight? Anyway, I’ll stop talking about it since it happened last night. That’s old news. My predictions: Michigan State wins and Adrian Payne is a beast, and Andrew Wiggins (Kansas Freshman) is the next coming of Kevin Durant, but Duke wins because they get every call (not coincidental).

The Hawks squad had a scare against UNO Sunday, but it was just a wakeup call. Nothing to worry. Nothing at all. Joe Lunardi had them as a seven seed in the first “Bracket-otology” prediction. (Side note: The Hawks are Bowl Eligible!)

A NBA League Pass update for everyone: Last night I was able to watch the double-overtime thriller earlier this week between the Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. Now, if that’s not living, I don’t know what is. After only a couple of weeks of this experience, I’m on the verge of putting it on my “Permanent Christmas Present” list (if only there was such a thing).

Good luck to the Beaver Football team in their last game against Dubuque on Saturday. Also, good luck to the men and women’s basketball squads as they kick off their seasons this weekend!

Thanks for reading! Until next time…..