Who’s who in Beaver sports: Cole Darrow

Whos who in Beaver sports: Cole Darrow

Ashley Lage | Staff Writer

Darrow_ColeCole Darrow, a men’s basketball player from Glenwood, IA, is in his third season as a Beaver and has proved to be a great leader on the court so far this year. He is currently leading the team in scoring with 23.5 points per game.

Cole’s major at BVU is Athletic Training, and he plans to go into the Physical Therapy field after graduation. He believes choosing Buena Vista University (BVU) was one of his best decisions.

“My favorite part of BVU is the friendships that I have here and the guys on the basketball team. We get along extremely well and are a really tight-knit group. I also enjoy the atmosphere of Buena Vista University, and I am proud to go to school here,” Darrow said.

The men’s basketball season got off to a slow start in their first weekend at Augsburg and Gustavus Aldophus. Darrow led the way with 34 points against Augsburg and added another 16 against the Gusties of Gustavus Aldophus.

This past weekend, the men were in action at the Wisconsin Oshkosh Tournament in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Darrow finished their first game, a 100-94 loss to Clarke College, with 22 points. In their second game, a 100-62 victory over Finlandia University, Darrow again finished with 22 points.

“My personal goal for the season is to do whatever I can to make our team successful. There is nothing that I want more than to see our team have a great season,” Darrow said.

Being one of the strong returners, he has high goals for the team this season as well.

“The team goals I have for this season are to win the regular season conference championship, win the conference tournament and also make a deep run into the national tournament,” Darrow said.

The men’s first home game is this Saturday, Nov. 30 against Wisconsin-Platteville at 3 p.m. The first home doubleheader of the season is Tuesday, Dec. 3 when both the women’s and men’s teams take on Martin Luther at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively.

Photo courtesy of Steven Phelps