Lots to be thankful for

Grady Gallagher | Blogger

Grady-Head-Shot“Good morning Krusty Crew.” (Patrick Star voice)

Let’s quickly catch up on some of the hot topics of the past 84 hours in the sports world: Dubs sneak by the Kings (League Pass Alert). Iowa goes down to Nova. (I didn’t watch it, stupid NBC Sports Network. Let’s move on). The Clones end with a win. Alex Smith is not Peyton Manning.

Nothing is worse than losing to your little bro in Fantasy Football, especially when his starting QB and WR are Browns players and they combine for 78 points and you lose by 10.

Literally nothing. Um, what else? We figured out Delonte West is smarter than Bo Pelini. Beavers roll. Eric Decker, Alshon Jeffery, and Josh Gordon (Browns WR mentioned above) all watched the Beaver Basketball game and decided to go off. Jordan Lynch deserves the Heisman. And last, but not least, don’t we love the one time every 10 years in which a game outlives the hype? Auburn/Bama for sure. Woodbury Central/Boyden Hull comes to mind.

Anyway, a great past 84 hours has me smiling on this Monday afternoon. Good luck to the Beavs on Tuesday night at home. I’m sure Siebens will be rocking.

Jumping back to Saturday, I have to say that it was one of the more fun basketball games I’ve had the pleasure of taking part in. It’s all about getting stops, and when BVU accomplished that a few times in the first half, the track meet began; a track meet in which the Beavers were heavily favored. Two dunks from the birthday boy and a couple people approaching Steph Curry mode (notice how I use the word approaching.

This symbolizes that the maximum height was not, and probably cannot, be reached. No disrespect). Later and it felt like the Pioneers had no answers defensively. Connecting on the first 11 long range attempts helps. You don’t see 86% from distance very often. That’s a quality free-throw percentage in itself, honestly. Although the Beavers can’t bank on unconsciousness nightly, it was, I’m sure, a treat to watch. Anyway, I thought it was a lot of fun. Next game, though. Next game.

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It’s always great seeing the fam and giving thanks for all those things we can sometimes take for granted. I suppose I better take this opportunity to wish my mom a happy belated birthday (Last Wednesday). Usually people tweet or Facebook a picture of them and their awesome mom to wish them happy birthday, but my mom has a special son. She gets a mention in the good ol’ weekly blog. I bet she is so proud. Happy Birthday Mom! I can picture her blushing. Don’t worry Mom, only nine people saw this including your husband, five children, and Tyler Kastantin’s mom. I think you’re good.

Pinch me, I’m dreaming. Finals are NEXT WEEK! I suppose that means that’s it for the semester. Time for the Twitter game to go to the next level. #LockIn (@Gdeuce1two).

Last thought, my brother, “Grady’s Brother,” mentioned to me last week that I should let him do a piece as a guest writer for this blog some time. Says he could increase the following (pssshhhhhh). Any thoughts? My first reaction was that of utter disgust when he verbally misspelled “Buena.” Not good, but I’ve taken the request a little more seriously. As a writer in this ever evolving world of media, maybe a change-up could be good. I’m still hashing it over.

Until February homies……. Peace out. Thanks!

Photo by Tyson Jay Domingo

View Comments (1)