Caitlin Clark is cool, but I still don’t care about sports.
The Forgotten Member of the Five Freedoms
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus

Senate summary: March 6, 2014

Each week, Student Senate President Caitlin Hoffman will summarize what happens during Student Senate meetings. This is a condensed version of the meeting minutes.

Caitlin Hoffman | Student Senate President

Hope you are all having a fantastic week! Here’s a follow-up from our meeting on Thursday, March 6th. It was a quick meeting but we discussed quite a few topics that I want to share with you.

We granted an allocation to RAICES to aid them in funding Fiesta Latina. We look forward to the event on April 27th, from 1-7 p.m.!

You will be getting a Senate representative based on what residence hall you live in. Those of you who live in North Constitution will have Meghan Harmening. Main Constitution will have Catie Bach. East Briscoe will have Krystal Schulte. West Briscoe will have Ian Grigsby. Middle Briscoe will have Amber Riedy. McCorkle will have Alexis Williams. 1st Floor Swope will have Josh Fortmann. 2nd Floor Swope will have Jonathan Ehrlich. 3rd Floor Swope will have Allie Mason. 1st Floor Pierce will have Yvonne Munanira. 2nd Floor Pierce will have Taylor Kavaya. 3rd Floor Pierce will have Izaak Plunkett. 4th Floor Pierce will have Ashley Lemke. 1st Floor White will have Chase Werden. 2nd Floor White will have Austin Groth. 3rd Floor White will have Miranda Wallace. 4th Floor White will have Emily Leighton. Liberty will have Morgan Langan. Finally, Grand will have Megan Long as a representative. Please report to these individuals if you have any questions or concerns that need to be brought to senators!

Our first major proposal, for Co-Ed Suites, has passed and will be implemented next year! We are so very proud of our Policy Advisory Committee for putting in a lot of long, hard hours to get this proposal passed. Future beavers can look forward to having combined suites in the future.

This year for Buenafication Day, if you don’t have a group to go do service with, join us! Senators are welcoming anyone and everyone to join us in giving back to the community that gives us so much.

Our other proposals are still going well and many of them are currently being written. The Underground committee needs your help, however. We recently put out a survey on Facebook about the space and would like you to fill it out. You can find it here: (Survey Link). This will help us gather information about what students are interested in, what they would like to see, and ultimately will help us write the best proposal we can. Also, we are holding an open forum to discuss your ideas and hear you tell us what you want to see this Thursday at 8pm, in science center room 126.

Send us a Facebook message, give us a shout-out on Twitter, talk to one of your senators and let us know what you think about anything we are working on or talking about. Or if you’d like to see us talking about something, we’d be happy to accommodate you!

As always, we encourage you to visit our Thursday meetings in Forum 1 at 6:00pm. We also invite you to like our Facebook page (Facebook Page) and to follow our Twitter, @BVUSenate to get more updates. You can access our meeting minutes and agendas on our webpage, (BVU Senate Website Link).