Who’s who in Beaver sports: Brady Haye

Kelsey Ackerman | Sports Co-Editor

Brady Haye is a junior Business and Marketing major from East Sac County High School. Haye is also a part of the Buena Vista University (BVU) golf team. Aside from academics and golf, Haye is also involved in IMPACT, FCA, Worship Team, Esprit de Corps, and Orientation team.

Haye chose to transfer to BVU after his freshman year at University of Iowa. He found BVU to be the perfect fit for many reasons including location, size, as well as being able to compete with the golf team.

Haye discovered his love for the game of golf his sophomore year of high school.

“I have a passion for the game, unlike anything else, and golf is one of those games that really does require passion in order to be successful. Without the passion and drive, it would be impossible to do well,” Haye said.

Haye plays a large role on the Beaver golf team. Earlier in the month of April at the Wartburg Invite, April 10 and 11, Haye turned in the lowest round for the Beavers with a 75.

“A role he has on this team is to push each player to perform at their best both at practice and on the course. He is leading by example and is a great mentor for our younger players,” Head Coach Mitch Brunick said.

Haye not only had personal goals of improving his scores all around and staying calm in pressure situations this season, he also had many goals for the team as a whole.

“Even though golf is an individual sport, most of my goals were team oriented. After last year’s conference meet leaving a sting, I had a goal for us to compete for a conference title. I know we have the talent to do it; it’s just a matter of putting it all together at the right time,” Haye said.

With the season coming to a close in the near future, Haye sees the importance in playing his best golf within the next two weekends of conference play.

“Going into conference playing like he is should be a huge confidence booster. It is my hope to see his season end with a top 10 medal finish as well as be a part of a conference win for our team,” Brunick said.

The Beaver golf team will open conference tournament play April 24 and 25 in Iowa City.

Photo by Kyle Shade