Football seniors’ thoughts on final Homecoming game

Kelsey Ackerman | Sports Co-Editor

This Saturday, Oct. 10 will mark ten seniors’ final homecoming football game here at Buena Vista University (BVU). Kick-off is set for 1 pm inside Leslie J. Rollin Stadium.

Below, each senior gave their thoughts on it being their final homecoming game for BVU.

Will Norgaard
“It’s sort of bittersweet. A bit sad that this will be my last ever homecoming game, but it’s also a great opportunity for our team to get a conference win in front of our home fans, which is very exciting.”

Travis Munn
“I’m excited for this game, it will be a great one on and off the field. It’s great to get alumni, current students, staff, and families all on campus for the event. It feels like just yesterday it was my freshman homecoming and I knew it was special, but I didn’t quite understand why the older guys were so excited, but now being a senior, I realize it does have a special meaning.”

Grant Wolfe
“With this being our last homecoming game, I feel like we have something to prove, which should make for a very good game. I have been very blessed to be a part of this team over the years and want to thank everyone who helps make that possible.”

Cam Knobbe
“I am disappointed that I will not be able to participate directing in my last homecoming game as a Beaver, but it will be an honor to be on the sidelines helping them win in anyway I possibly can. I expect us to win and it will be great to beat Loras all of my four years playing with the Beavers.”

Beau Van Wechel
“The coaches have really instilled a drive to go out and take what we want. That is something that I will take with me the rest of my life. It will be weird to play out in front of a homecoming crowd for the last time. Playing in front of our friends and family offers a unique experience to appreciate one last time.”

Ben Seitz
“Being a BVU football player has allowed me to open up and branch out as an individual coming from another state. Becoming a leader and someone to look up to has always been a goal of mine, and BVU has helped me slowly achieve that through my four years here. The experiences and memories I have on the field here at BVU are some I wouldn’t trade for anything. RollBeavs!”

Cody Morris
“This being my first year at BVU, I have quickly realized what it means to be part of a brotherhood. The BVU football team has really taught me what it means to be a part of a team and more importantly a family. I can’t thank them enough for that. We stand beside each other win or lose.”

Kyle Arnold
“BVU football has been my life for the past four years and has shaped me into the person I am today through the bonds and friendships I have with my teammates. I am sad this will be my last homecoming, but excited to play in front of my family, old teammates, friends, and members of the community. I expect a fun and exciting game capped by a Beaver win!”

Logan Sallee
“While I am excited, I am also realizing that it will be my last homecoming ever. I wouldn’t want this last one to be with any other team or group of guys. Being out for football is more than just a game or a team, it is a family.”

Connor Ulven
“Getting to know new players year in and year out has made me more social than I was before and has helped shape me into the person I am today. This last homecoming game approaching makes me realize my time here at BVU is ticking and that I better live it up while I can. Everyone come out and cheer us on to a final homecoming win against Loras!”

Photo by Charlie Webster