Easy Halloween Costume Ideas

Kylee Deering | Contributing Writer

Halloween is right around the corner and the halls are buzzing with all the gossip of who’s wearing what costumes this year. There’s those who go all out with their original and unique ideas, those who get creative on a college budget, and the ones who top the charts with their brilliant ideas. Where do you fall? Have you started brainstorming and shopping? If you’re like me with a busy schedule and don’t have time to think about a costume or maybe just don’t want to put the thought into one, here’s a list of options for you!

1. A Pineapple or Strawberry
These are adorable and super easy for a last minute costume! Use an oversized yellow or red shirt or dress and use markers or paint to create the markings of a pineapple or strawberry. You can make stem hats from green fabric or felt. Add sneakers or heels and voila! You’ve got a fun and inexpensive costume!

2. Risky Business
I’m sure you’ve all seen this costume done before but it’s such a classic that who cares, right? Joel Goodson from Risky Business is an iconic costume that is incredibly easy to do. All you need is an oversized white button down, black shorts, and tall socks. Complete the look with a pair of black sunglasses and you’re Joel Goodson. This costume is easily recognizable and it’s comfortable so you can’t go wrong with it.

3. Elle Woods
Alright, you’ve all seen Legally Blonde. This costume can be a lot of fun if you play it up. Deck yourself out in a pink top, pink pencil skirt and pink heels with your Chihuahua Bruiser by your side. Top it off with a Harvard notebook or folder and some jewelry and you’ve got Elle Woods down.

4. Serena & Blair from Gossip Girl
So if you’re wanting to pair with a friend, this costume is great. For Serena, a white shirt, black skater skirt and black tie pulled loose will do the trick. Pair with a black leather jacket and sheer black tights and a pair of heels to top off the look. For Blair, you’ll want a plaid skirt like Blair wears to school with one of her many fitted blazers. Pair with some sheer black tights and heels and of course her iconic headband.

5. Kelly Kapowski
The look of Kelly Kapowski is coming back in style in everyday wear so this costume you’re almost guaranteed to find in your own closet. Start with a pair of high-waist jeans and pair with a white bandeau. Clip on some black suspenders and throw on a pair of Keds or Converse to complete the look.

6. Walter White
For this costume, all you’ll need is some glasses, a green button down and a pair of tighty-whities. Top it off with a toy gun as your prop and you’re ready to go!

7. Mark Wahlberg
If you’re really pressed for time or money on a costume, this one is easy. Throw on a pair of (Calvin Klein) boxer briefs and flex those abs (or bronze them on with a little makeup bronzer) and you’ve got yourself an underwear model.

8. Clark Kent
For this one, you’ll need a white button down and black tie. Put a Superman shirt underneath so you can unbutton your shirt and display that you’re also a superhero. Wear with black dress pants and black rimmed glasses.

9. Maverick & Goose
Top Gun costumes are easy to get your hands on so this costume could be a lot of fun to do with a buddy. The only other thing you need for this costume is a pair of black aviators and if you’d really like, some dog tags to complete the look.

10. Danny Zuko
Grease is a classic so this costume is easily recognizable. Wear a white t-shirt with black jeans, cuffed at the ankle. Throw on a black leather jacket and some black Converse to go with it but don’t forget the white socks. To top it off, comb and gel the hair to match his luscious locks and you’ve got Danny. All you’ve got to do now is find your Sandy!

These 10 Halloween costumes are pretty simple to do and a lot of fun to rock! Hopefully we’ll be seeing some of these around campus this Halloween. Happy shopping!

Graphic by Dee Friesen