Rules of Life: Thank You Mom (And Dad, Too)

Kyle Wiebers | Blogger

No this isn’t a blog meant for Mother’s Day. This blog is scheduled exactly where it needs to be. First off I need to make sure you understand something. My parents are amazing. My friends are amazing. In general, I have a support system that is amazing. They are there for me whenever I need them. Take Saturday. I was playing tennis and my mom and dad came to BV on their days off, and watched tennis for over 12 hours. On top of that, my wonderful friends also came and watched me play. Talk about a great support system.

Everyone is always saying that “the best mom (or dad) in the world is mine”, and I think everyone is right. My mom and dad are the perfect parents for me. They love me, they push me to work hard, and they make sure that I do not work inside my comfort zone. Your parents might do things a little different, and that’s why she is your perfect mom and he is your perfect dad and not mine.

I guess what I’m saying in a round-a-bout way is that I love my mother and father very much. Telling them and showing them that I love them and appreciate them shouldn’t be limited to just one day every year. Spring is on the way (thank goodness) and we’re all busy. Midterms are right around the corner, spring break plans are coming to fruition, but your support system, whether that be mom, dad, aunt, uncle, friends, or all of the above, are still supporting you.

So take a minute or two today and tell your support system how much you appreciate them and love them. Send them a text, a snapchat, or even call them on the phone (old school I know). They support you and deserve to know how much you appreciate them. Sometimes you’ll never know how much they sacrifice to be there for you and to support you, but in their eyes you’re worth it, so it wouldn’t kill you to thank them every once in awhile.