BVU seniors are looking to pay it forward

Katy Rubino | Staff Writer

Since 1992, every senior class at Buena Vista University (BVU) sets a goal to raise money and grant the university with a senior gift after graduation. The first step in this process is to choose the class representatives and determine what the gift will be. This year’s senior class representatives are Brady Stier, Zoey Reisdorf, Michael Boyle, and Caitlin Hoffman; the designer of the campaign is Seth Moeller.

This year, the four representatives decided they wanted a gift that would benefit the campus and future students. They agreed on a sidewalk and seating area in the grass next to the Social Science and Arts building. The goal is to raise $3,000 and have 100% participation from the senior class. If a senior donates $25 or more, BVU Trustee Bernie Saggau, Class of 1949, will match the gift.

Much planning has gone into the organization of the senior gift campaign. The representatives were contacted about being a part of the campaign back in the Fall Semester of 2013 and started meeting in November to talk about possible ideas.

“I was excited, I had never considered it before…when I was approached about it I was all for it,” Reisdorf said. After choosing the gift, it was all about the promotion of the campaign and creating a team that would get results.

“The teams make it easier to talk about the campaign with their friends,” Stier said. From there it was about educating the rest of the senior class on the importance of their involvement and how without them the campaign wouldn’t be possible.

“We are super excited about the campaign and talking to our fellow classmates about being a part of a campaign that will benefit future students here on campus,” Boyle said.

The representatives want to remind all seniors that donations are still being accepted and you can go online to http://www.bvu.edu/bv/senior-class-campaign/index.dot to make a donation.

Graphic courtesy of Seth Moeller.