BVU Homecoming Court Nominees

Madeleine McCormick + Ashley Lemke | News Editor and Assistant News Co-Editor

This homecoming week has brought the students of BVU many activities and traditions to help spread Beaver spirit.

One of the most popular homecoming traditions specific to most high schools and universities is coronation. The crowning of our king and queen will take place on Friday at 7:30 p.m. in Siebens Fieldhouse.

This year’s candidates hold an abundance of intelligence, athleticism and beaver pride.

taylorTaylor Daniel is a human performance major. From her last four years at BVU, Daniel has enjoyed forming close relationships with her peers and professors. She says that the energy and support she receives on a daily basis is what makes BVU stand out. Why should the student body vote for Taylor? “I guess I don’t really know how to answer this,” Daniel said. “I make pretty good lattes.”

mikaelaMikaela Millslagle is a biology major. Millslagle loves BVU because the small campus size allows students to form close bonds with one another and the faculty and staff. She says that she has gained an abundance of unforgettable friends from her past four years. Why should the student body vote for Mikaela? “Well, because we have the freedom to vote, so use your voice! Sorry, I’m lame,” Millslagle said.

blakeBlake Laursen is a biology major focusing on pre-chiropractic. Over the last four years, Laursen has enjoyed getting to know his professors and creating everlasting relationships with his friends. The family-like atmosphere as aided Laursen through good times and bad times alike helping him grow as a person. Why should the student body vote for Blake? “I feel like I represent what a Beaver should be,” says Laursen. “I’m involved in a lot of organizations on campus, strive to be as academically and socially sound as I can and I have the best school spirit. I mean, I grew up a Beaver since I was in grade school. My mom works here,” Laursen said.

bradyBrady Haye is a business and marketing double major. He loves BVU because of the community that surrounds him and the support from friends, fellow students, faculty and staff. Why should you vote for Brady? “You should vote for me because I’ll serenade you, *microphone emoji* *cheesy face emoji*” Haye said.

bobbyBobby Ivey is a biology major with a chemistry minor. The last four years at BVU have been the best four years of Ivey’s life. He has enjoyed playing Beaver basketball, meeting great people and forming close relationships with fellow students as well as professors. Why should the student body vote for Bobby? Ivey did not comment.

austinAustin Groth is a business and accounting double major. From his past four years here, Groth has grown to love how close the BVU community is. He says that the students and faculty have really made an impact on his overall experience. Why should the student body vote for Austin? “Hashtag Vote Groth. I’m not sure what to say, so I’m hoping that a hashtag is acceptable,” Groth said.

callieCallie Hoffman is a business major with a concentration in marketing with a minor in accounting. From her past four years at BVU Hoffman has enjoyed knowing the majority of people on campus because it is small. Why should the student body vote for Callie? “I think the students should vote for who best represents BVU values, so if that’s me, then they should vote for me!” Hoffman said.

bonnieBonnie Keller is a biology major with a minor in psychology. Keller’s last four years at BVU have given her a home away from home as she built relationships with many of the students, faculty, and staff, along with the endless opportunities BVU has given her to be successful. “We are one big family!” said Keller. Why should the student body vote for Bonnie? “I love BV! I mean, who could forget freshman move-in day? I’m crazy with BV spirit. I am super involved in extra-curriculars and am always cheering everyone on. In my free time, I am the original fruit ninja. In the past two days I have sliced two oranges in half and minced many broccoli,” Keller said.

alecAlec Sindelar is a marketing major with a minor in psychology. From his four years at BVU, Sindelar has found a home away from home in which the students, faculty and staff have become his family. He has also been given opportunities to travel, participate in athletics and perform in a play. Why should the student body vote for Alec? “Vote for me because I am, generally, a pretty nice person, or because I work at Regatta Grill and can get you a discount!” said Sindelar. “I really can’t do that, but I totally would if I could! So, that should count for something right?”

sydneySydney Crnkovich is an exercise science and physical education double major with a minor in coaching. Crnkovich has enjoyed the feeling of building a home away from home at BVU and a place where even homesick seniors can feel comfort. Why should the student body vote for Sydney? “I feel as if the student body should vote for someone who is sociable and represents the university well,” Crnkovich said.

It is still possible to vote for this year’s king and queen here. Every vote counts, and voting will close Thursday, October 8 at 4:00 p.m. Once again, coronation will be held in Siebens Fieldhouse at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 9.

Photos by Justice Gage