Mary’s Fashion Blog: October Head-to-Toe

Mary Rose Timko | Blogger

HI! ☺

Just a real quick FYI; I LOVE FALL. Okay, but really, who doesn’t? The weather, the scents, the leaves all make fall my favorite time of the year. To me the best part of fall is all of the gorgeous colors. You know you love the colors too and you probably have 20 pictures of orange and yellow trees on your phone that you’re just dying to Instagram. Am I right? It’s okay…that’s me too! The colors of fall not only come out in the leaves, but in clothing stores as well! I can’t get over all of the purples, dark oranges, and olives in stores right now. It is time to break out another head-to-toe look featuring one of these amazing fall colors!

octhtt1 copy

octhtt3

octhtt4

1. Plum Shorts {Forever 21} // The focal point of this outfit definitely goes to these high-waisted plum shorts. Yes I said it, SHORTS. Although it is fall that doesn’t mean you can’t still wear skirts or shorts! A great way to wear your summer shorts in the fall is to layer tights under them. It was 70 degrees when I took these pictures so the tights were unnecessary, but it’s a tip worth remembering. I always enjoy wearing a pop of color or a fun pattern, but when I do this, I try to keep the rest of the outfit extremely neutral!

2. Black Chiffon Tank {Forever 21} // This chiffon tank top has a great pleated texture that was difficult to capture on camera. The pleats add the texture the outfit needs. I have found myself purchasing a lot of solid color tops recently, because they are the easiest to throw on when you can’t decide what to wear. Solids are also great for layering. Tank tops can still be worn in the fall, especially under jackets, flannels, or cardigans like I chose!

3. Knee Length Cardigan {Charlotte Russe} // I am obsesssssssssed with this cardigan. Cardigans are an absolute classic for the fall time. It is always interesting to see how people will choose to update the cardigan trend year to year. This year I have seen SO many of these knee length cardigans. Seeing them in stores sort of scared me because they seemed a little bit out of my comfort zone. Once I found this extremely neutral one at Charlotte Russe I knew I could make it work. The cream color sticks with the fall shades but doesn’t take away from my dark purple shorts. I think the cardigan really makes the outfit fit more into the season.

4. Combat Boots {Kohls} // I’m going to be completely honest; I have had these combat boots since my sophomore year of high school and they have like 50 holes in them. I still love them and still wear them all the time. Combat boots were a huge trend the last few fall seasons, and they still work great now! Currently I love wearing socks that stick out of my boots. It might just be my favorite way to layer. My socks are from Forever 21, but seriously, go to your dad’s sock drawer and take some of his. They will work just the same! The boots definitely keep the outfit seasonal! Once again, mixing the brown boots with the black tank is fine! Trust me, I do it all the time and haven’t got in trouble by the fashion police yet…

5. Bangles {Forever 21} // I have said this before, but gold accessories will always be my go to in the fall. They tie in so well with the colors and I think the bangles are exactly what this outfit needed. I think accessorizing is always the trickiest part, but for me simplicity is always key!

This outfit has quite a few simple pieces, thrown together to make an adorable fall look. Sometimes following a trend or wearing something out of your comfort zone can be difficult, but you have to remember to be true to your own style! Have fun with your clothes and wear whatever you want! Okay well that got deep real quick. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this head-to-toe look!

Thank you so so so so much for stopping by to read my blog! You get a virtual hug because of it!
I hope your October is bringing you lots of colorful blessings!

Looovvvvveeee,
Mary

Graphic by Justice Gage
Photos by Jasmine Demers