Contested books, what does the next chapter hold?
Beavers take the mat for the beginning of jumps and tumbling for round 2 of game 1.
Stunt Home Tournament
BVTV News (March 27, 2024)
BVTV News (March 27, 2024)
Stunt Home Tournament
BVTV News (March 27, 2024)
BVTV News (March 27, 2024)

Kampus with Kylee

Kylee Deering | Blogger

With all the campus tours lately and seniors making their decisions on where they want to go to school, it got me thinking about being a senior last year and some of the reasons I chose a smaller college. While there are many benefits to both a large university and a small one, I thought I would give a few of those perks for attending a small college. Here is why I and so many others have loved their small school.

1. Professors get to know you and give you many opportunities.
When you go to a smaller college, your professors have usually 10-30 students in a classroom. This means that they know you’re there (ha, good luck skipping class unnoticed!) and they know more than your name. They get to know you, your interests, passions and goals for success. They’ll email you with internships and opportunities on campus that sound like you. They also make great references once you need those!

2. You have a lot of one-on-one time with your professors.
Smaller class sizes also mean a lot more of that one-on-one time to learn material, ask questions and chat with your professors when you need it.

3. You find your friends fast.
There are less people to choose from when you’re picking your friends those first couple of years but you find your niche pretty quick. It’s a little less intimidating when you come to college freshman year because there aren’t a thousand new faces to meet and become friends with. You form your friendships almost immediately and usually stay friends with most of them all four years.

4. Class is less than 10 minutes across campus.
Lucky for you, there’s no running to a bus stop or sprinting across campus to make it on time. Class is maybe 5-6 minutes from your dorm or any other location on campus.

5. You have a strong support system.
College can be hard and having someone to pick you up off the floor of your dorm after you’ve cried all evening and stuffed your face with a tub of ice cream is essential. At a small college, you have an entire support system ready to catch you when you fall and help you out when you’re stressed or overwhelmed. They might even buy you another tub of ice cream if necessary.

6. You stand out on a small campus.
It’s easy to join a lot of clubs and organizations on campus and all of your academic success will be noticed. You can play sports, run for Student Senate, write for the newspaper, whatever it may be. You’ll be recognized for the things you do and can be involved in more. It’s a bonus that those things also look great on a resume.

7. You’ll find a familiar face about anywhere you go.
You’re sure to wave, say hi or start a conversation with at least one person on your way from point A to point B. There’s always someone you know in passing and everyone knows your name too.

Photo by Stephanie Steiner