OMD: A Day in the Life of Dogs

Hannah Appleseth + Jasmine Demers | Bloggers

Have you ever wondered what life is like as a dog? Obviously. Well, it is your lucky day, because we are going to give you a glimpse of what a day in the life of our dogs would be like.

Wake up. Bark. Eat. Sleep.

Thanks for reading!

Just kidding.

A day in the life of Leo-
Today I woke up around 7:00am, when Hannah’s masters woke up. Ever since Hannah departed for that horrible place called college, life just hasn’t been the same…dare I say.. dreary almost. Hannah and I used to sleep in my bed every night. I let Hannah sleep on the right side of my queen sized bed. Now I have to settle for sleeping in Hannah’s masters’ bed. Anyways, I jump out of bed and walk over to the front door to go to the bathroom, do my morning stretches and greet my friends Oscar and Charli (Charlotte) (Hannah’s masters’ other dogs). They have to live outside. I can’t even imagine what that would be like, probably awful.

After I get let back inside, I sprint over to the treat cabinet, looking at it in hopes that they give me treats. They don’t, ugh. Hannah would’ve given me a treat. After that, I jump up into my chair and watch the humans get ready for their day. Then I walked over to my food dish, only to discover that it is *heavy sigh* EMPTY. It’s like they want me to starve, here I am just wasting away…so hungry. I drag my food dish into the kitchen area and started flipping it over to let Hannah’s masters know that I am hungry. Ugh, Hannah would never allow this. After the humans fill up my food dish, I eat two bites, then leave. I am watching my figure, the fam is going to Mexico for spring break and there’s no way Hannah would allow them to leave me behind…even though they’ve left me behind for all the other vacations. Babes, booze, and beachin here I come.

Next, I wait for Ann, one of Hannah’s masters, to say, “Let’s go to work.” Which is the cue for when I am supposed to walk up the stairs with her. I have a lot of responsibilities. I am in fact the VP of Ann Appleseth Communications, it says it on my name tag. First thing on my schedule-hmm looks like a nap until noon. However, my nap is interrupted by the “mail man” as the humans call him. I gaze out the window and bark until he leaves, it is one of my many jobs to protect the property. After he finally leaves, I resume my nap. Ann wakes me up at noon, and I can only hope she will say the magic word. Oh yes, she said it, TIME FOR A WAALLLKKKK!!!!! I sprint downstairs and stand by the door in case Ann forgets where we walk at. Ann puts on my thing that keeps me from losing her and we go outside. I love this beautiful weather, the breeze flowing through my white fur-nothing better! When we return from our walk I go into my sunroom, otherwise known as my special napping room, to take my afternoon nap. I awake when Hannah’s inferiors, her brothers as she calls them, get home. Not a fan of them, they always bother me and are annoying. I guess I’ll play with one of my many toys since I won’t be able to sleep with the inferiors home, I have to be on my guard while they are around me.

I’m kind of a big deal, well not kind of, I am a really big deal. I recently got the squeaker out of my raccoon toy. Which is a big accomplishment, but now I have nothing to do until the humans get me another toy. I’m going to go beg for treats instead. Ah, here comes Mike, Hannah’s other master. He is such a softy, he loves me so much and thinks that I am his best friend. As if. I guess I’ll continue the facade if it means I get a treat. That’s right Mike, reach up into the cabinet… open that beautiful treat bag… wait what? Tricks? Damnit Mike, I have had to do these stupid tricks so many times…I wish I would’ve never shown them my mad skills. *rolls over* *dances* *plays dead* *shakes paws* ah yes thank you, alas the treat is MINE.

After I get my treat I go to the door to signal to the humans that I want them to let in my friend, Alejandro (Ali) (I don’t know why Hannah names her animals names that she isn’t actually going to call them and just ends up calling them a shorter version of their name) the cat, for play time. Alejandro and I play a game where I chase her around the house until she gets tired and wants to go outside, it is great. After I dismiss Alejandro, I athletically leap up onto the couch to rest. When I decide that it is time for bed, Hannah’s masters carry me into my other bedroom where we go to sleep.

Thank you all for being interested in what my average day is like, I am not surprised that you wanted to know.

My highest regards,
Lord Leo/The Prince

(Below are pictures of myself on my couch, after I destroyed my raccoon toy, and me in my chair. Enjoy.)

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

A day in the life of Maxx-

I woke everyone in the house up around 6 am. They were pissed. I laughed. It never gets old. Jasmine no longer lives with me *que sad music,* so her parents let me outside to do my business. Let’s be honest, I could never get Jasmine out of bed regardless. After finishing my business, I took a rest.

Once everyone is up getting ready I begin my daily rounds. These consist of following Jasmine’s mom in and out of her closet to her bedroom to her bathroom over and over again, trying my best to avoid Michael and begging anyone in sight for a bite of their breakfast. Three fights and one box of spilled cereal later, it is time for everyone to leave… expect Jasmine’s dad… who now owns his own business and is able to work from home. No offense Jim, but I miss the good ole days when I had some freedom to invite all my bitches (respected female dogs) over to play. Now, I have to listen to this man sing “Jump Around”, “Low Rider” and “It’s Tricky” on repeat for the next 8 hours. To get through these hours I take multiple naps in my favorite room where the sun shines in through the window. Warms me right up and gives me this nice charcoal black tan I was going for (It gets the female dogs going).
Finally, Danika is home! That beautiful little human takes me on walks which I turn into long sprints. I deserve treats at all times of the day, but this is the only time I actually get them. PUMPED. They always tell me to “sit”, but I stand my ground (literally) because they always give me the treat anyway. I hear the most beautiful sound: the garage door. I sprint to the window to see who it is. Usually I go find my stuffed horse (I like to call her Nancy) and make sweet love to her. If it happens to be Michael or Jim, I run. I run far away. This time it was Patti. She is my favorite when Jasmine is gone *que sad music*. Patti began to make dinner as I sat there staring at the kitchen tile for any and all food she happens to drop.

Eventually everyone is home and sitting around the table for dinner. I have yet to understand why everyone has a seat but me. I whine and beg to everyone at the table until I can’t anymore. Jasmine always used to sneak me food, but now no one even budges. The rest of the night, and best part of the day, is spent snuggling with my humans until it is time for bed.

I guess I live somewhat of a dull life, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I couldn’t love these people any more. I’m just happy it wasn’t bath night.

Here is my favorite picture of myself:

Picture14

Featured Dog of the Week: Noel

Picture16

Likes: Josh and spreading her toys around the room

Dislikes: The bathroom because the floor is slick and her legs would go out like bambi on ice

Noel is the former dog of thee Joshua James Scuffham. Josh received Noel as a Christmas present in first grade. She would wait at the door for Josh to come home every day. After 13 years, Noel had to be put to sleep due to a heart condition. When asked about Noel Josh said, “I miss coming home to her adorable face, but I know she is in a better place.”

A little about Josh: In his free time, he enjoys dancing, writing poetry and smiling. He is also single, so ladies hit him up. Snapchat: jjscuff

We love you so much for reading.

Love,
Jasmine and Hannah

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It’s hardly ever for them.