1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus
1st Amendment Week: Assembly on Campus

Deering’s Dorm Decor

Kylee Deering | Blogger

Dearest Beavers,

I’m so so excited for today’s post because it’s about one of my favorite room items to shop for! Today is about bedding! The only reason I can think of for why I get so stoked about bedding shopping is that it’s one of the central focal points of a room and your entire color palette and/or theme can go off of it.

When you walk in a dorm, the first thing you notice is the beds. They take up a majority of the space in your dorm so there is really no getting around that. They draw attention. Why not use that as a way to make your dorm look nicer? By picking out bedding that goes along with the rest of your dorm or gives a focal point, it brings attention to the general area of your room. Mix and match, make a statement or pick a theme. This can make your dorm feel a little more put together.

Bedding options are so extensive and it can be hard to figure out where to start when picking out new bedding. The best way to start out is to come up with a theme or color scheme that you’d like for your room. My roommate and I did an “American” theme so we both agreed that white down comforters would look good for our bedding so we chose to start with that. This made the shopping process easier. Deciding what you envision your room to look like is important and helps guide you into a general direction. If you have absolutely no clue what you’d like your room to look like or what theme you might want to go with, I highly recommend Pinterest. Those of you who have one or have visited the site know that the options are endless and you’ll come out with at least five new ideas for your room. For those of you who have never ventured to this site yet, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? Kidding, but seriously sign up, make a dorm board and start searching! It’s highly addictive however so you have been warned.

There are countless places to look for good bedding, but some of the best places I’ve found bedding from are Bed, Bath and Beyond, Urban Outfitters, JCPenney Home Store, Target, and Pottery Barn. They’re all great stores with a lot of different options. All of them have order online features and can also have things shipped to the store for pick up. I recommend them if you’re browsing!

Happy decorating!

Kylee